Thursday

Lost in Mayberry

I probably should feel guilt, I suppose, what with skipping out on the family park outing tonight - it's an 80 degree day here in Mayberry, with clear evening skies, aside from the green pollen haze that's engulfed us. Next week we're back in chilly (for here) weather again, so I should be enjoying it, but... I didn't quite hear what my husband said as I wandered up the stairs. No, really.

I was wandering to do yet more laundry when I realized that once again, we have been overtaken by the 3/4 phenomenon. What, you don't know it?

We only have 3 of 4 shoes. Ever. Like forever, ever.

Like the socks that randomly get eaten by the dryer, we are perpetually missing the 4th shoe. For convenience, I buy two exact pairs of shoes for the boys to wear. I don't care who wears which ones, as long as they each manage a pair out of the larger set. I know, the shoe people are ready to shoot me, yes, I've read all the "bad foot formation" articles. If you've seen Finn's feet, there's no room for worse formation, so I think we can safely be exempt.

Anyhoo, we cannot seem to hang on to that 4th shoe. I know who doesn't put his shoes in the closet, that much I've determined. But where the 4th shoe is, I've nary a clue. And this is the 2nd set this has happened to - you would have thought I could just buy a 3rd pair, but their feet grew, so we're back in the same place. Again.

Do you think "Lost Croc" posters around the 'hood will bring them home, or just attract gator hunters?

Updated to add - I now have 4 crocs (sorry, Mindy, no Mickey Mouse) but only 3 sneakers. Maybe it's the 7/8 rule?

4 comments:

April said...

Too funny about the shoes! Not really, but I wonder what is happening, lol.

mindy said...

EXACT same problem here. Add a black Mickey Mouse croc to that poster.

ali cross said...

Hi Susan! I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while now but I'm glad to be back and I was happy to read your latest posts. I, for one, am looking forward to reading about how you became 'that mom', Charlie, too recently became 'one smart dude' (in his new glasses) and I'm really sorry to hear about your lost shoes and somewhat retarded washing machine.

Tanya Breese said...

We have the 3/4 problem here too. My one that always loses a shoe is Braden, ALWAYS, ugh...in fact, we have had one missing since Monday. I found one in their bedroom by the tv and the other no where to be found. You would think it would at least be in the same vicinity?