Tuesday

One foot in front of the other...


Slowly and steadily on quilt 1, to be given to my nephew Ian, who was 2 this year. I'm sticking by my "quilts before Kindergarten" time limit, so I can't be that late, can I? It's a "crazy 9-patch", inspired by Jennie over at AllSorts - it's easier than it looks to put together, and you never know exactly what the squares will look like until you've trimmed them down.

This quilt is also forcing me to use up some fabric stash, since no matter what fabric emergency befalls me, there is no immediate fix in town. While there are many advantages to living in a small town, lack of craft access isn't one of them. It's been good in some ways, and forces me to make do with what I have. This isn't to say I haven't been browsing online for solutions, but for now, in order to finish, I'll shop locally.

1/2 quilt down, 2 1/2 to go. Started your project yet?

No comments: