Monday

Down 3, more to follow

Had a really great lazy weekend, not much going on here. A couple of updates:

- The mouse biker gang has been diminished by 3. I would tell you that we're being humane about it, but I'd be lying. If you'd like to adopt the little fellows, feel free, although I'll warn you that their tastes have changed from Tostitos to Oreos. And they should have known that anyone who touches the mom's secret Oreo stash is one dead mouse. They were warned.

- My children had their first exposure to p@rn on Saturday morning, fresh with their Pop-Tarts.

- The kind ladies at the pool this weekend alerted me to the fact that incoming 1st graders are required to read 2000 pages by the end of the school year. "We didn't want your boys to feel left out - be warned that most of the kids will have their 1000 pages done by September 1 so that they can get their t-shirt." Fantastic - anyone got 2000 hours to spare to get our reading requirement done by then? (Anyone want to explain to me how it is that this is their assignment and not mine, and how on Earth that I thought I was leaving a less competitive school?)

Hope your weekend was just as uneventful!



Oh? You didn't gloss over point 2? And want explanation? Silly me, I thought I could throw that in there and you wouldn't notice. Apparently the prior owner of my cable box had a lifetime subscription to the Blue channel's Super N-de Wrestling event, and the box would occasionally turn the channel to tell us that the event was no longer for purchase. Except on the time that it was available for purchase. I pretty much broke all land speed records to get there and call the cable company. Should make us a popular place for play-dates, though. [Ed to add - the cable box changed the channel for us, every time that the show was available. Including, my to my great dismay, this time. There needed to be no random flipping for full frontal fun.]

And did you know that spell check substitutions for "tostitos" are variations on the word "prostitute?" Someone should call their marketing department. Or the Blue channel.

3 comments:

ali cross said...

LoL! Oops! Have their eyes been seared and now they'll need cornea transplants?

You have a very well written blog here Susan - I can't believe I haven't been back in ages! I'll be sure to come more often!

Do you mind if I put a link to you from my blog?

Anne said...

Ok....yikes about the unexpected Saturday Morning Special...lol. I'd be breaking land speed records too!

And yikes about the reading requirement! For first graders? Holy cow...do they specify how many words have to be on each page? I've got a great set of Disney Babies board books that you can have! They only have about 3-4 words per page, LOL!

Great blog, by the way! I love your style. :)

Michelle said...

Oooh - nice early morning Saturday viewing. Take heart that it was a previous owner of the box - at least it wasn't your hubby doing some late night, um, entertaining. Yikes - glad the cable company is taking care of it right away!