Thursday

Unavoidable Delays

As a parent, I think I've become more superstitious. You don't dare say things like "Wow, they are playing so quietly" or heaven forbid, "He slept through the night last night" without expecting that the universe will rain down it's distaste at your need to show off.

So I had to wait to tell you. But quietly? We had a much better week, aside from one tiny temper issue that involved several children not knowing the rules of baseball, which apparently are much better understood while your friend is elbowing you in the stomach. But I digress.

The color of the week is, well, not red or yellow or blue, but I don't dare risk it for fear of the aforementioned universe raining. Several children, perhaps even mine, were, well, not terribly behaved this week. Perhaps even tolerably behaved, if you don't think I'm showing off by saying that sort of thing. And several other children, again, not mine, tried much harder and received pats on the head (literally, who still does that?) from their teacher.

The health issue? Resolved, although in my haste to catch up on doctor's appointments, I once again became a human pincushion at the dermatology office. Sunscreen, y'all, I beg of you. Often and everywhere, since apparently not even your toes are immune. (And no, I am not kidding. My pedicure is SO screwed up right now, I can't even tell you.)

The work projects? Still projecting, although there is an end in sight, thank heavens.

So this week wasn't terrible. It might even be slightly better than last week, although I'd hate to admit it and jinx us.

And U? Definitely not for unbelievable turnaround. No siree, not here. Next door, maybe. But definitely not here.

No comments: