Wednesday

The End of Summer

Some of you are thinking that I've well and truly lost it, declaring that summer is finally over right before Thanksgiving, but the weather here is bizarre (80 today) We have no summer delusions, the leaves are turned and all over the place, and I've had to break out the fleeces and turn the heat on overnight.

But let me tell you, the Summer of Quilting is done. Over. Finito, as my boys like to say. In this one tiny area of my life, I am caught up - 8 nieces & nephews, 8 quilts, no more to work on. It is a huge satisfaction to cross things off my to-do list, but since this one also made me feel guilty (one recipient will be 3), it's all the better. Now I'll have to find another undone project to blame for my chocolate addiction.

The other areas around here are still works in progress - we've broken out the self-help books and the exercise plans, and I'm even taken to visualizing a week where I exercise daily and no child yells at their mother. Parenting is a funny thing around here - we may have twins, but good grief are they different children. What works for one most certainly has never worked for the others, and it's impossible for me to guess what will work next. But we are determined to figure it out, and I'm hopeful that the Summer of Quilting will not immediately progress to the Winter of Our Discontent. (Or the Winter of Excessive Yelling, your choice.)

Off to wrap the quilts - I'll take my contentment while I can, like the rare 80 degree weather today.

1 comment:

ali cross said...

yay! Congratulations Susan!