Wednesday

Just when I needed that extra hour...

So I felt like I was on a bit of a roll there, and then Daylight Savings Time struck. I hate DST with all of my being for the first week, and then, once I'm no longer dragging children out of bed by their ankles, it grows on me. Particularly when I can gain a quiet house by throwing the children outside. For. Hours. On. End.

Needless to say, we haven't made it through the week yet, so no one in our house is getting up very easily. And since I am not a morning person to begin with, you can only imagine the chaos. It's also standardized testing week this week, on top of Kate's first try at Quarter Exams, birthday parties for the boys, and a round of my favorite houseguests, and you'll agree that maybe we've taken on too much.

The mothers here still astound me with their Martha-like overachievement. Birthday cupcakes are frosted with bags & fancy tips, snacks are brought in coolers so that the drinks are cold, and their makeup is impeccable. I, on the other hand, am thinking that 48 birthday cupcakes will be fortunate to actually get to class, much less wasting my time with a fancy schmancy icing. And the makeup? Not a chance.

Yet I persevere, and spent my time today printing "thank you" tags for party favors. Perhaps these will make up for the fact that I'm only wearing tinted sunscreen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate daylight savings too! & only love it in the evening when the boys can play outside forever.

I'm sure all those "other" moms envy you, for not being the prissy beings that they are.