Friday

Let the Good Times Roll

So, it's still Spring Break, officially, but since we are now down to just a weekend before my life resumes, I'm calling it off. The Break, I mean. Because aside from the sleeping until 8:30 thing at my parents, it hasn't been much of a break.

Let's review.

Monday - Mom works from home, taking conference calls amidst cries of "He's telling on me" and "I will never EVER clean my room." Flee to my parents in hope of a sanity break.

Tuesday & Wednesday - Play with sweet baby niece, sleep moderately late, allow my parents to deal with the "complete unfairness" of 3 children with new computer games, one of which "like totally stinks." Return home at the bequest of dear husband who proclaims that the house is too quiet without us.

Thursday - Spend some time with our friends at Urgent Care so that I can get antibiotics for the pink eye I've acquired from the sweet baby. More cruelty to children inflicted as I pronounce Thursday "no electronics" day, and force them to play outside. In 75 degree sunshine, I might add, lest you think I was sending them out to the tundra for a game of Ring the Reindeer.

Friday - Cave to demands of Happy Meals as well as video game time. Compromise is made that games can be played on the screened in porch to allow fresh air to actually see my children. Spend afternoon making a countdown chart for school to resume. Decide that summer-long sleepaway camp might be worth the third mortgage.

In two days, 18 hours, and 7 minutes. But who's counting?

3 comments:

April said...

What a fun time at grandma's house! You know you're having fun ;)

mindy said...

Keep the end of school countdown happening...I'm trying to live from one mini milestone to the next- spring break to my trip "home" in April to the weekend beach trip in May to the wonderfully fabulous last day of school in June. I think I can...I think I can...

ali cross said...

Well, you survived! YAY for school!