Tuesday

Table for one, again.

So if there should be a universal sign for "give me some darn space already" (courtesy of Mindy), is there a sign for "please, don't make me eat lunch alone again"?

I am not very good at asking for things. Honestly, it would less painful for me to ask you for a kidney as it would be for you to eat lunch. And lest you think I'm not moving ever so carefully out of my comfort zone, I have actually invited people to lunch. Or dinner, even.

Based on my call back rate, it would seem that I'm not a good second date.

We have always been the callers, my husband and I, and very rarely the recipient - do we just own our role, and suck it up, or wait? Or do I let my paranoia overcome me, and wonder if I smell funny?

Oh, the joys of living in a new place.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Keep calling sister. That's what moving is all about. Eventually you will find that other family (or two...or three) that finds you second date worthy. You'll become best friends and wonder how you ever lived without them.

Anonymous said...

I'm always the caller too! But I agree, you will will find another family that will be a perfect match.