Thursday

Wish Granted.

So I was in a bit of a funk the other day. You see, moms around me were talking about Spring Break plans, supper club, and shopping trips, and I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. I wallowed, a little too long, frankly, and in my panic scramble yesterday to clean my house, find the right color shirts for Grandfriend's Day, and gather enough rations for breakfast, I realized that one of my big complaints in our old life was that I didn't have enough quiet time.

Well.

It would appear that although I am not capable of receiving everything I want in the way of say, lottery tickets and thinner thighs, I have been granted this one wish, and in spades.

So I got what I asked for. Be warned, apparently the universe (in whatever form you believe in) does hear these things, and grants them. And sometimes, just at the time you want them the least.

But today? Today I am thrilled for the silence, my parents have just pulled out, I had the right shirts, a public lunch with my children did not require me to issue "the look" more than twice, and it is finally, officially, Spring.

And as people around here will tell you, there is nothing better at all to wish for than a Southern Spring breeze. Here's to clearing out the cobwebs, y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring Susan. And enjoy the silence for now.

Anonymous said...

Oh and just so you know, I'm glad you are back to blogging. I love what you write.