Thursday

Random Wanderings

Ok, I promised I wouldn't abandon my blog (and y'all) for months on end, but I did not promise I would be coherent the entire time I was here. So bear with me.

Things here are a little crazy, compounded by the fact that my in-laws called last night at 9:30p to announce that they were coming. Today. There should be a ban on all short-notice visits.

And the cutie who carries laundry? It's a wonder the child could find the stacks at all (although they are graciously large) because his vision? Dreadful. And apparently color-compromised as well. Our newest party trick, since it's really noticeable in one eye, is to play "Which of these is really green?" while alternately covering one eye then the other. We seem to be fine with red, but if you've ever taken those dot tests where you strain to find the numbers in the circle painted in red & green? He failed in spectacular fashion. No flight training for him, which will be a relief for the general public.

And mentioning the washer, it has gone kaput. As much as I love feeling all smug & green for using a front-loader, this is the second one in two years that has dislocated something, leaving me washerless while I wait for a repair. If I have to get a new one, I'm thinking old and mechanical, just what the repairman ordered. I may be forced to head to the laundromat if they can't fix it tomorrow, which while not only lowering my social standing, is a bit like appearing on stage with Jerry Springer. Yikes.

Back to the grindstone - more interesting fodder next week, like how we've become parents who actually care about how baseball practice is structured. Oh yes, I'm turning into that mom.

1 comment:

mindy said...

I had trouble with my front loader too but we blame it on those pesky socks. Don't give up yet. I don't care about being green or chic I just think clothes smell better when washed in a front loader. :)