Thursday

Chaos Reigns

I know, it's May already, and just as I'm starting to think about sitting down for a little while, the world around me is sprinting to the end of school. I had this really great post started about the influx of a new creative project and promptly threw it aside while I dealt with the May Day Dance, student council elections, a malfunctioning smoke detector, and children who have lost every last one of their senses. Every.Last.One. And we will not even discuss the lack of Mother's Day presents, wedding gifts, or a birthday present that all have to be done, ahem, now.

I have completely lost control.

I have laundry everywhere, 200 pounds of panicky dogs, plaster issues from wrestling the smoke detector down to change the batteries (and going through 3 of them to find the one that was malfunctioned), children who are wandery and unfocused, and a husband who is so worried about work that he's not sleeping. And I think we all know what that means.

I am a complete freakshow right now fueled only by inertia and diet coke.

Healthy habits be damned, I'm in survival mode until May 28th. I know that I should pare back my to-do list, but to be honest? I can't even find the list. Oh I'm sure it's buried in here somewhere, but I can't even think about where until I find the missing school shirt required to be worn on the end of the year field trip. So I'm going to handle this the way all good crises should be managed.

I'm going to go lay down.

No comments: