Tuesday

The Final Countdown

May is almost over. Baseball, dance, quarter exams and my sister's wedding are over. Even the cool weather is over, and with it the ability to not use the air conditioning. We are down to the last 6 days of school - the final countdown has started.

So why, then, are the 5th grade teachers making me deal with "Colonial Day" tomorrow? Did they not get the memo that I am also done? And not even remotely interested in making sure that my daughter is in full colonial costume tomorrow? A colonial costume, I might add, that I learned about on Saturday night? (Talk about ruining your beach buzz, let me tell you.)

Field Day on Memorial Day? I can handle that, although it feels altogether wrong to be the only school I've ever seen not have the day off. Half days for a week instead of just being done, already? Fine, whatever y'all want. I'll milk my quiet time while I can get it.

But seriously, colonial day? I'm pretty sure the colonists would have added it to their list of reasons to revolt.

No comments: