Monday

What I mean to say is...

I had this long thought about how the children you're given sometimes can't possibly be yours, but I can't finish the thought. Fall is kicking my ass, y'all, and has taken my brain hostage.

I love Fall. Can't wait for Fall. Live, for Fall, even. But this year, it has run me ragged, leaving me hoping that if I get buried by the pile of leaves in my yard, it will leave me alone. What happened to all of that free time I was getting now that the kids are in school? It has evaporated with the high humidity, and I am buried in carpool lists and school assignments. The only sign of relief I've gotten is the one that relieves me of wearing a swimsuit in public - and I think the entire community needed that break, if you're asking.

But I love every minute of it. We're getting into the groove, picked up a soccer team for the boys, finally found riding lessons for K, and survived mini-cheerleading. I think we're all just relieved that I was not asked to demonstrate any moves for Kate - only my orthopedist would have been disappointed. (She had a blast, and I spent only a few minutes cringing at my own memories of failed attempts of coolness.)

So back to school is like New Year's for me, and thus the beginning of list-making. First on the list? Clean out this hovel of an office. Next on the list? Figure out what I should be doing in this free time instead of helping with homework. Got any ideas? I'm open to suggestion...

No comments: